March 25, 2020, St. Louis Region – The National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) today released its revised 2020 schedule for the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series. One major change that directly impacts the AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals at World Wide Technology Raceway in Madison, Illinois, is the addition of the Pro Stock category, which was not originally scheduled on the 2020 calendar. As a result, St. Louis fans now can be part of the 50 Years of Pro Stock celebration tour that is visiting select national events.
The revised schedule will consist of 19 total events, with 17 of those events being contested when the series resumes in June. Six of these events will be condensed to two-day competition schedules for the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series classes due to economic and logistical factors. As a result of the compressed schedule, points will not be reset after the U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway. NHRA has held two make-up dates on the calendar in case there are further delays.
Revised 2020 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule
PCS/PSM = Pro Stock Motorcycle/Pro Stock Car
- Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals PSC/PSM (Gainesville, Fla.) June 5-7
- Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals PSC/PSM (Houston) June 12-14*
- NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals PSC/PSM (Bristol, Tenn.) June 19-21*
- Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals PSC/PSM (Norwalk, Ohio) June 26-28*
- Route 66 NHRA Nationals (Chicago) July 9-12
- Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals PSM (Denver) July 17-19
- NHRA Sonoma Nationals PSC/PSM (Sonoma, Calif.) July 24-26
- NHRA Northwest Nationals PSC/PSM (Seattle) July 31-Aug. 2*
- Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals (Brainerd, Minn.) Aug. 13-16
- Menards NHRA Heartland Nationals PSC (Topeka, Kan.) Aug. 21-23*
- NHRA U.S. Nationals PSC/PSM (Indianapolis) Sept. 3-7
- Mopar Express Lane NHRA Nationals PSC/PSM (Reading, Pa.) Sept. 11-13*
- NGK Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals PSC/PSM (Charlotte) Sept. 18-20
- Make Up Date If Needed (Gainesville, Fla.) Sept. 25-27
- AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals PSC/PSM (WWTR, St. Louis) Oct. 2-4
- Make-up date if needed (Houston) Oct. 9-11
- AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals PSC/PSM (Dallas) Oct. 15-18
- Dodge NHRA Nationals PSC/PSM (Las Vegas) Oct. 29-Nov. 1
- Auto Club NHRA Finals PSC/PSM (Pomona, Calif.) Nov. 12-15
*Mello Yello Drag Racing Series on Saturday and Sunday only
PSC = Pro Stock will be contested at this event
PSM = Pro Stock Motorcycle will be contested at this event
For additional information on World Wide Technology Raceway, please call (618) 215-8888. Follow WWTR on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
About World Wide Technology Raceway
World Wide Technology Raceway is the home of INDYCAR, NASCAR and NHRA racing in the St. Louis region. Located just five minutes from downtown St. Louis and covering more than 380 acres, WWTR is the largest outdoor entertainment facility in the area. WWTR’s facilities include a 1/4-mile drag strip, 1.25-mile superspeedway, recently-expanded 2.0-mile road course, a state-of-the-art karting facility and a 14-acre, multi-purpose dirt off-road venue. WWTR acquired Gateway National Golf Links, adjacent to the speedway property, in 2019. WWTR was the recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Facility of the Year Award from the Race Track Business Conference and the 2017 Spirit of St. Louis Award from the St. Louis Attractions Association. In 2018, owner and CEO Curtis Francois received the Innovator Award from the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission in recognition of his work for restoring World Wide Technology Raceway (known then as Gateway Motorsports Park) to prominence.